Office of the University Registrar
Office of the University Registrar
The Office of the University Registrar (OUR) at Johns Hopkins University, facilitates student and faculty success through our participation in the advancement of institutional strategic initiatives, compliance and data governance, institutional integrity, and the modernization of student information solutions across all JHU divisions.
In alignment with the mission and values of the Johns Hopkins University, The Office of the University Registrar (OUR) maintains the integrity of student records, ensures institutional policy compliance, provides guidance and support to the divisional registrar offices, collaborates with university-wide stakeholders, and enhances the service capability of student systems in support of faculty teaching and student learning.
The Office of the University Registrar (OUR) facilitate student and faculty success through our participation in the advancement of institutional strategic initiatives, compliance and data governance, institutional integrity, and the modernization of student information solutions across all JHU divisions.
The Office of the University Registrar (OUR) follow core values to achieve their mission and vision:
- Cultivate innovative technology in support of university-wide initiatives.
- Understand the evolving needs of higher education and partner in the development of industry leading solutions.
- Foster a caring environment that encourages professional development, collaboration and teamwork.
- Remove barriers, embrace diversity, and promote an equitable and inclusive culture.
- Be accountable and maintain Integrity, confidentiality and accuracy of all learner records.
- Be respectful, collaborative and responsive to all institutional stakeholders.
- Demonstrate overall excellence and inclusiveness across all work.
Accomplishments & Projects
Chosen Name on Diplomas and/or Commencement Materials (Spring 2023)
Degree-seeking students at JHU may now elect to have their chosen name appear on their diploma and/or Commencement program(s). The electronic consent in SIS Self-Service to change the default value from legal name to chosen name is available now. For more information on Commencement, visit the JHU Commencement 2023 website. For more information about chosen name at JHU, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website.
click here for announcement (January 24, 2023)
Student SIS Self-Service Enhancement for Incomplete Grades (Fall 2022)
Effective for the fall 2022 term, all degree-seeking students at JHU will be able to request an Incomplete (I) grade (if applicable) via the Student Self-Service Portal after the last day to withdraw from the course. The electronic form will eliminate the need for students to meet with their course instructor in person and will allow students and faculty to document mutually agreed upon terms to complete the remaining course work in timely manner. The electronic form will be visible in SIS Self-Service beginning Nov. 14. For more information on incomplete grade contracts, please visit the Incomplete Grade Contract website.
click here for announcement (September 29, 2022)
click here for announcement (June 27, 2022)
Faculty SIS Self-Service Enhancement for Grade Change and Incomplete Grades (Fall 2022)
Two new features will be available to faculty in SIS Self-Service beginning Nov. 14:
- Grade Changes: Faculty will be able to submit grade changes electronically, directly from their grade roster; the grade will automatically be changed on the student record in most cases. Paper forms will also be accepted through the fall term but will be discontinued beginning with the spring 2023 term.
- Incomplete Grade Contract: Students will be able to submit incomplete grade contracts electronically; subsequent agreements reached between faculty and students will be digitized, resulting in automatic entry of incomplete and lapse grade on student records.
Paper forms will also be accepted through the fall term in most cases but will be discontinued beginning with the spring 2023 term. For undergraduate students in the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and the Whiting School of Engineering, written forms will be discontinued immediately, effective Nov. 14. Step-by-step instructions for both processes are available on the SIS Help for Faculty resource page.
Click here for announcement (September 28, 2023)
Sending External Transcripts to JHU Made Easier (Coming Soon)
The Office of the University Registrar is partnering with Parchment, enabling Students to send credentials, such as transcripts and diplomas, conveniently and securely online. This feature will help us bring efficiency to our transfer credit processing across all schools. For more information on school-specific transfer credit policies, please visit the transfer credit website.
click here for announcement (July 12, 2022)
Change of Personal Information now available in SIS Self-Service (Summer 2022)
In partnership with SEAM, the Office of the University Registrar is pleased to announce that Students may now update their Legal Name, SSN/Tax ID, Date of Birth, Citizenship, and Gender through a SIS Self-service integrated workflow process. Please click here for instructions on this service.
click here for announcement (June 30, 2022)
Students May Now Order Replacement Diplomas Online (Spring 2022)
The Office of the University Registrar, in partnership with divisional Registrar & Record offices, is excited to launch an online replacement diploma order form, presenting students with a simplified online order form and expedited shipping options. For more information on diplomas, please visit the diploma website.
Divisional Registrar & Records Offices
- Advanced Academic Programs (Krieger School of Arts & Sciences part-time graduate programs)
- Engineering for Professionals (Whiting School of Engineering part-time graduate programs)
- Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Carey Business School
- Homewood (Krieger School of Arts & Sciences and Whiting School of Engineering)
- Peabody Institute
- School of Advanced International Studies
- School of Education
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing