Office of the University Registrar
Office of the University Registrar
NOTICE: THE UNIVERSITY’S DIVISIONAL REGISTRARS OFFICES HAVE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED IN-PERSON SERVICES
In light of the COVID-19 concerns, the Registrars’ Offices will temporarily suspend in-person services effective March 16th until further notice, to protect the health and safety of our staff and students. This is subject to change based on guidelines provided by the university.
- Requests for assistance with registration processes, including add, drop, withdrawal and special permissions, should be directed to your divisional registrar’s office. Divisional contact information is below.
- Students can access verification certificates and unofficial transcripts at any time through SIS self-service (sis.jhu.edu).
- Requests for official transcripts must be submitted online through the National Student Clearinghouse at www.getmytranscript.com.
- We strongly encourage the use of electronic transcripts and verifications in lieu of paper.
- We will respond to GI Bill inquiries and all VA certification requests in a timely manner.
- At this time there have been no changes to the spring final exam schedule.
- The May university-wide commencement ceremony will be held virtually. Visit https://commencement.jhu.edu/ for more information.
- Contact your divisional registrar’s office with questions or concerns:
- ASEN undergraduate students: email@example.com
- ASEN graduate students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AAP students: email@example.com
- EP students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carey students: email@example.com
- School of Education students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Nursing students: email@example.com
(Note: in-office services will temporarily be available Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only for SON students)
- School of Medicine students: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: in-office services will temporarily be available by appointment only for SOM students)
- Peabody students: email@example.com
(Note: in-office services will temporarily be available by appointment only for Peabody students)
- Bloomberg Public Health students: JHSPH.Registra@jhu.edu
- SAIS students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines are being reevaluated on a regular basis and updates will be provided when available.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
The Office of the University Registrar (OUR) is a learner-centered, shared service organization that is responsible for the management of registration and the stewardship of academic records – past, present, and future.
To achieve this mission, we:
Provide learners with accurate and comprehensive records of their educational experiences under the University’s purview and authority, as reflected in transcripts, paper and digital diplomas, certificates or other forms of representation, enrollment and degree verifications, and other credentials documenting student work.
Observe the common academic calendar, and publish the annual web-based Catalog that describes academic offerings and learning opportunities along with the attendant policies of the University. We oversee course scheduling, curriculum management, registration, grading and auditing systems and structures that contribute to recording learning, academic achievement, degree and program progress and completion.
Contribute to the development, governance and use of systems and applications that collect, manipulate, distribute and report data involving participation and completion in academic programs and other learning opportunities. We supply those data to appropriate investigators for continuous improvement in program quality and design, to cognizant regulators and authorities, and to approved stakeholders and constituencies of the University, including certifying agencies such as Veterans Affairs and the NCAA.
Administer and protect the privacy of our learners and the confidentiality of their records per the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), and the European Union General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR). We strive to provide best-of-class services utilizing the latest cutting-edge technology to make the experience of students, staff, and faculty, more intuitive and seamless in accordance to their expectations.
- Advanced Academic Programs (Krieger School of Arts & Sciences part-time graduate programs)
- Engineering for Professionals (Whiting School of Engineering part-time graduate programs)
- Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Carey Business School
- Peabody Institute
- School of Advanced International Studies
- School of Education
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing