Legal Name Update

We recognize and acknowledge the circumstances which may require an individual to update their legal name. Please follow the instructions below to do so.

  • Staff/faculty: Please work with your department administrator, department HR manager, or divisional/school-level HR leader. You will need to submit legal proof of name change (such as court documents, marriage certificate, SS card, etc.) and then your administrator/HR manager will perform the necessary actions to update your legal name in SAP/payroll.
  • Students: Please use the SEAM Online Form. Select “Records and Registration” and then “Update my student information” from the list of topics. This contains information on how to update your biographical information including legal name.
  • Multiple Affiliations: If you have more than one affiliation and would like to change your legal name, you will have to contact your administrator for each affiliation. To view your affiliations, log into myJH and click on ‘myProfile’ icon, located in the upper right corner. Each tab beyond ‘myProfile’ represents a unique affiliation.